Weeell, I was just getting ready to make a new post titled "The slump continues" and saw this, so here is the story.

I'm in a slump of epic proportion. Been scratching down a Bird, but a horrible percentage in comparison to opportunity. Today it continued. Switch to the Model 59 Winchester which is a death ray and proceeded to miss 3 easy shots this afternoon. Its still good, had a great 3 hours and saw some neat things of which 2 were Turkeys and 26 were Deer. Two respectable Bucks and one smaller one. I think I saw the fellow who made this.

[Linked Image]

Got out late going back to the car and ran into a nice sunset.

[Linked Image]

Then driving down the logging road on the way out this fellow allowed me to take his picture through the front window. All the while my eyes are saying: "White throat patch is were I would go."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Half empty or half full? Me thinks it is more than full. grin

Hope things are going well with you. How did the Deer hunting go?
We have hunted S of Park Falls close to Winter if I remember correctly. When it is good those areas are the place to be. Friend recently came back from around Park Falls and they had a couple 25 flush days. Unfortunately they had a few days with a lot of rain.

Addition:

Some Wisconsin memories:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 11/08/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler