Congrats on the Deer hunt. Sounds like a good one.

The slump is me. Lost confidence and now I'm trying to steer the shotgun rather that just look and shoot. Nothing will change until I do.

Have to admit my Deer location is a good one. 1200 acres and I've hunted it for 40years. It was open coal company land until about 15 years ago and then the coal company went under and it was eventually bought by an individual who posted it. He needed cash to pay the yearly taxes and I got on with 20 other people. Price is more than reasonable and many of the people who hunt it only show up 3 or 4 days during the season. It really doesn't get hunted all that hard and there are more than a few places that most will not go into. Does have kind of blossomed this year and we need to take more.

My plans for next year is take a road trip and hunt Birds in a couple places. Will need another Dog and starting the looking process. Instead of a pup, I'm thinking a 2 year old that is started. Sounds good anyway.

My Deer hunting philosophy pretty much parallels yours. If I've hunted well they are all trophies.

Addition: This place is not long from being put up for sale. It will be expensive to buy the whole 1200 acres, but if any Pa people are interested perhaps we could put something together. If not someone else will and it will be locked up. It is some great hunting ground. Steep hills for the most part, but within and hours drive of Pittsburgh.

Last edited by battue; 11/09/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler