Sorry about the slump..that is a bummer..it seems the harder one tries the more difficult it is to break..I remember Ted Trueblood wrote about a shooting slump..ended when he shot a couple squirrels, I think, with a pistol..
Nice sunset and a beautiful buck..you must have more deer than most of Pa.
That Park Falls area bills its self as the grouse capital of the USA..I would like to try it sometime in the future..maybe next year..Will hunt a few days in Mich..for grouse, but they are tough in this area..T
The deer hunt went pretty well..no wopper bucks..I think the drouth must have hurt the horn growth..never did see a really good whitetail..the mulies were starting to rut and saw some dandies..but that season was over and I had already filled my mulie tag..We hunted 4 days and each day saw a few more bucks..Finally saw an older deer with heavy horns, not wide, but rather straight..He would never make a trophy, but was an unusual head..Next morning we caught him going across the creek, and shot him at 352 yards with the.270 and 140 grain Serria HPBT..He ran about 60 yards into the brush..My gal counted the points...she came up with 10, but there were a bunch at the base of the horns..some very long..I never was much of a point counter..some of the racks I have in the house, I don't know how many they have unless I count..I just went on how the animal,the hunt, and the shot meant to me..Kind of goofy system I guess..but I enjoy it..more later..

Molon Labe