Maybe Leupold (who already offers too many models) will listen to the "public" and stick there toe in the water again. A number of years ago and with much fanfare in the press, they came out with the "Alaskan" series of fixed power scopes. Three fixed power models in 2.5x, 4x, and 6x. All were blued with 7/8" tubes and moderately sized objectives on the 4x and 6x. Great looks, nice glass, and universally loved buy gun writers of the era. A return to sanity in hunting scopes. Winchester had reintroduced the Model 70 Super Grade with CRF and I bought one in 30-06. I mounted one of the new Leopold Alaskan scopes on it and it was like stepping back in time. Finally a scope that looked as if it really belonged on a hunting rifle. Leupold's reward for this bold move backwards was the worst sales flop in their history and soon they were available at close out prices. Well being an "old hand", I knew that once discontinued they would reach "exalted" status with the shooting public and their value would sky rocket. So I bought a few, held them a year, and tripled my money. Maybe if enough of you badger Leupold, they'll take another chance on something everybody wants but hardly any buys. That is however, until it's discontinued. BTW, I saw one of those Alaskans go for almost $500.00 awhile back.

Rich or poor, it pays to have money.