Originally Posted by rrroae
Thank you Doc. Good article.

I do believe our country will continue to decline under the weight of our government but I don't share the same opinion of my fellow Libertarians on the speed of the decline. I also don't buy into what I perceive to be the irrational fear of both sides of the isle that electing one side will push us at any noticeably faster of a clip into the abyss.

I just know for myself, I'll never let a political party or politicians dictate my happiness or curb my dreams. I'll work around the constraints placed on me and give government a big middle finger as I live how I want to the best of my abilities.

A great post on how best to deal with this Gotterdamerung. As for Frum's piece, I have to respectfully disagree. It's a different country. Since the 1970s 85% of immigrants to this country have been from the Third World and uneducated. If you take a look at the Cuban Migration, there is for the most part, a distinct difference between those who came over before 1980 (political migration where the gaining country gets the cream of the crop for obvious reasons) and after (economic). Sure there were many (still are) that come over for "freedon", but let's face it after Mariel, the majority came over for economic gain. The Cuban vote this time around while still heavily Republican, clearly shows an inexorable shift to the democraps.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”