Originally Posted by Savuti
About a year or 2 ago Ayoob responded to a thread like this, might have been on Rugerforum, can't recall.
Anyway, he cited 2 cases where guys are currently doing hard time because they weren't using factory ammo. One of them involved shooting the defendant's wife, he said suicide, prosecutor said murder.

So, you guys go ahead and keep stoking your handloads, and keep that Alfred E Neuman smile on your face. I'll continue to practice with reloads and carry factory.

Pete

well, obviously, in a spouse homicide the issue of handloaded ammo couldn't possibly be the deciding factor. if it was really a suicide, the ammo in the gun is irrelevant. if it was murder, same same.

I don't think either of the cases Mas cited really support his proposition, because in a criminal case the ammo is irrelevant to the issue of guilt.

if there is any added risk, and I really don't think there is, it would be in a civil case where it would be used to inflame a jury into a psycho verdict.

I carry factory because I like HydraShoks and so does my Kimber, but if I accidentally had a mag of reloads in it, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.