Men,
Certainly did not mean to get you guys into a whizzing contest. Like I said I would be pleasantly surprised if my 280AI would perform with a 140 at those velocities. Bob I have strong doubts and tend to agree that it would be tough to do.
I (in other rifles) learned my lesson a long time ago when it came to burning what turned out to be too much gunpowder to achieve velocities that are more than a guy can find published anywhere or possibly in only one publication.
Case in point 300 Win Mag burning 76g of IMR 4350 and shoving a 150 @ 3375. Mine will do it but the rifle I was abusing went thru 3 barrels before I wised up. (long time ago)The deal as all of us know is to know the ballistics and the necessary elevation compensation adjustment.
A 12" AR500 plate will ding with no audible difference to my ear when hit by a Berger 140 VLD @ 3000, 3100, 3200, or 3300 at any distance the shooter can hit the plate at or at least at any distance I can hit it at and any animal would never be able to tell the difference.
Bottom line do I think my ULA will spit any 140 out at over 3300? Like I said I would be pleasantly surprised but I have no unreasonable expectations and that is a good thing in this case IMHO.

Dave