n,
No way to know unless the correct equipment is employed.Otherwise those of us without the equipment have to rely on the signs all of us rely on to determine when too much is in fact too much. From my experience as I articulated in my previous post I pushed a rifle past what is considered safe and reasonable by every manual except one and did not know I was killing the barrels (or at least none of the tell tale signs were there)until I replaced barrel #3.
Bolt did not lift hard, brass base not burnished by the ejector, no split cases, and it shot under !/2 minute but in less than 400 rounds one of the barrels (the last one I replaced)was bead blasted from the breech 8" forward.
Many years ago I went thru this process because of a chronograph, my desire to have a 300 WM that would shoot faster and flatter and because the Lyman Manual (if memory serves me correctly) said a guy could drop 76g of IMR 4350 in a 300 WM case and shoot it. Well I could but it got pretty expensive.
I guess that's how I figured out there was too much pressure. My bet with the 280AI is that as one of the posters said you can stuff all the double based powder in the case (as long as it will hold it) you want until the chrony tells you what you want to see. Might work for some but I learned my lesson a long time ago.

Dave