When you can walk into a local pharmacy and pick up a box of .600+ BC .277 pills..... then we'll talk about equal footing..... until then, specialty bullets in a caliber are a lame argument. Don't use 'normal hunting range' blah, blah as a cop-out answer..... when the question was clearly one of extended range bullets.

Let's also keep in mind.... that for every new 'high BC' bullet that comes out for the .270..... there's a better one in 7mm. Berger is talking close to .800 on the new 195 7mm hybrid..... put that in your .270 pipe and smoke it.

The .270 clearly kills quite well..... but it is hamstrung by it's history and twist rates..... same as my beloved .25s. Take your .270 AB load... which is about as good as it gets for the Winny..... and compare it to a 162/.625/3k..... now we have a field noticeable difference. And, that's kind of the point... to get a .270 set-up for LR shooting, I have to buy: a special twisted pipe and shoot special ($$$$) projectiles. Or, I could just go with the one already set-up with a proper twist and 5-7 different .600ish BC pills sitting on the shelf.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......