Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Like some, I saw this coming and had already stocked up on reloading components and hi cap magazines.

BUT, what really chaps my butt is the customer that comes into the store expecting me to have my prices the same as they were 2 weeks ago, so he can buy it cheap and turnaround and sell it at a HUGE profit on Gunbroker frown .

OH! shocked But...that's not price gouging. He is just a smart consumer. smirk

Your point smacks of the reality of these situations. Thumbs Up.

Also, how do you manage to keep some stock on hand for your customers? People need to remember that they aren't paying the lease payments, help, taxes, permits, insurance, and lights you are to keep doors open. All too many are cheap bastids who would complain if you had to pay 100% more now and were losing 10% on every sale. Nobody needs that kind of "loyalty".

if i decide to dabble in ARs again, these guys will get my business.

A-hole proof mags

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO OUR LOYAL SKD CUSTOMERS: These mags will not be made available at our normal price so they can be flipped to take advantage of the current buying frenzy. Nor will we be profiteering off of this current panic like some vendors in our community. In order to make these mags "[bleep]-PROOF", we will sell them at or near current market pricing, and donate the difference from our normal price to either the National Rifle Association or the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you take issue with this move on our part, please do not write, email, or call to complain- we will not respond. Just take a deep breath, do a little yoga, and channel your energy into doing something productive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.