Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I'd not shoot anyone serving a search warrant on my home. But I'd sure nuff have smoked some dude trying to rob me at gunpoint.

For me it'd depend on the context. Nobody gets a pass from me because he's got a uniform and a badge; if he's initiating force against me, it makes no moral difference whether he's got State backing or not.

It makes some practical difference, of course, because thugs from the State have a whole lot more guns and goons backing them up than private thugs do. But criminals are criminals no matter what they wear.

It goes the other way, too. Protectors are protectors no matter what they wear, and as long as they're protecting good people trying to do good things, they're welcome in my house whether they've got a piece of paper or not.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867