Originally Posted by gunner500
Ed, i was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy from the Brenneke KO slugs in my smooth-bore A-5 Browning barrel, and it chronoed at near 1600 fps, a 1 ounce slug with that kind of speed and accuracy would be perfect for a 24HCF Boar hunt. ...

I use the KO's in my mossberg for deer. Doesnt get much use anymore, but it shoots nice out of smooth and rifled barrel. Not as accurate as the RemCopper Solids, but the KO's are MUCH cheaper and go on sale frequently, hit like a sledgehammer, and are easily Minute-of-deer at normal ranges.

There's also a KO Sabot. Substantially less recoil. I dont recall the stated velocity or mass of the slug, but the slug looks like a smaller version of the full bore brenneke. It was a really nice shooter in the rifled barrl, not so much in the smooth bore. As I recall the POI was much different from all of the other slugs (much higher).

I dont use slugs much anymore so I stopped messing around with them.

Sorry for the derail.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.