I hunted Wyoming unit 39, 4 years ago on an limited entry "any bull tag". Was there 4 days early, did all of my scouting from a distance. Saw at least 100 different elk every day. Located several nice 6 point bulls and a couple in the 300+ class. Two days before the opener the rest of the hunters started showing up. Apparently the general deer season, and a cow elk permit hunt and my hunt all opened the same day. In one good sized drainage I had been watching there were two herds and well over 100 elk. The evening before the opener 4 guys, on horses, rode into the center of the drainage and set up camp.I was a mile away from them and could hear them laughing and carrying on. The next morning I started in off of the road at 4 am, walking on a trail I had scouted, in the partial moon night. I needed to get in a mile to locate on a small bluff overlooking the side I was on. Three seperate guys "ran" past me to get in ahead of me. It didn't matter the elk had already moved down towards private land. I did get a nice raghorn 3 days later however.