the thing I take home from reading this is what I already knew and has prevented further losses on our end at this point.

Never rush a shot. I have ended up not getting shots because of it but so be it. Every time you HAVE to shoot a doe or buck etc on THIS hunt for some STUPID reason.... you put to much mental pressure on the situation which creates a bad situation.

I saw it on our lease again last weekend. A friends Dad gets this [bleep] in his head that TODAY he is going to shoot a doe. Never mind the last 2 months of season, come hell or high water he is going to shoot. and he takes a shot at a moving doe early in the evening. Its a high flesh wound after my wife and I trail and serach for about 2 hours. I knew that from the first blood we saw that it was only a wound. But we have to look.

Worst part had he waited, he had 7 doe out later at closer range feeding broadside not moving.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....