Originally Posted by ribka
can the cross fit gals lift and carry a 220 soldier on their backs?

Was it an obstacle course orb the actual PT test?

Did they max the USMC male standards or the lesser female standards? Did they run it in combat boots? How many dead hang pull ups did they perform?

How do they perform during a menstrual cycle?

How in the hell would I know?

All I did was watch a half hour show that showed some very impressive women doing some very impressive stuff.

So I did a look-up.

It was a tough four day event.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 was the first full day of competition for the men and women. Four scored events at the U.S. Marine base, Camp Pendleton.

�The first event of the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games would be a swim, bike, run event at Camp Pendleton. The race starts with a 700-meter ocean swim with fins, followed by an 8-kilometer bike ride across undulating terrain and soft sand, and finishes with a 11.3-kilometer run across steep hills and more than 427 meters of elevation gain.

After about an hour of rest, athletes will complete the Camp Pendleton School of Infantry Obstacle Course.
They will race against each other head-to-head in a three-round bracketed tournament. This is the first time in CrossFit Games history that any event has been executed in bracketed heats.
This means four athletes will race against each other in heats. The top finisher from each heat moves on to the next round of the obstacle course, competing next to the other heat winners and four wildcard athletes. These are the four best times of all the athletes who didn�t win their heats in the first round. The winners of the four heats in the second round then move onto the final round for the win.�

Could these gals lift and carry a 220 soldier on their backs?

There was a short weight lifting segment on the show where the women were doing barbell cleans

They would do one clean every 30 seconds with heavier weight each rep until failure. Then finish with as many deadlifts with that weight as possible.

I think they said men start with about 205 pounds and the gals with 105.
I did not see any of the men�s competition, but I remember the top women were cleaning over 200 pounds. 235 was the best, I think.

I did not see, but my look-up found a final evening event on the last day.

That workout was three rounds for time of:
8 Medicine ball cleans (150/80lbs)
100-foot Medicine ball carry
7 Parallette handstand push-ups
100-foot Medicine ball carry

You have to remember these CrossFit ladies have been training and competing for years to reach this level.

A lower level than Cross Fit men but still higher than that required by the Marines.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."