Originally Posted by TechHunter
Looking for a concealed carry size pistol & I would like to buy a S&W Shield but they are not available as well as alot of the smaller pistols. Have found two Taurus, PT 111 Millennium G2 and a PT 709 Slim. PT111 feels good to handle but is slightly bigger than the PT709. PT709 the grip is small by design but would take some getting use to. Thought I would buy one of them & then buy the Shield when they come available. Does anybody have an opinion on which one of the PT you would buy to use a concealed carry pistol and why or why not. Thanks for any comments.
I have owned both pistols, and I can say they're downright decent pistols. I guess it alll depends on what you need out of the two. The 709 is a very slim, compact pistol with a single column magazine. The PT 111 is a compact but a bit chunky pistol with a double column magazine giving you many more shots per mag. If you're looking to drop one in your pants pocket, then it's the 709. If it's always going to ride in a holster, then the PT 111.