Although the XDS may be a �pocket gun� in a purely theoretical sense because I can fit it in a jeans pocket, it does not meet my definition. I like to be able to get a firing grip on the gun while it is in the pocket in a pocket holster and be able to withdraw it smoothly and snag-free. I can�t do that with my jeans. And, with the trigger the way it is, a snag on the draw could create a real problem with this type of gun in a reflexive grasp situation. The largetst I can go in a semi-auto and still consider it a pocket gun is a Beretta Nano (about 22-1/2 ounces loaded with 6-124 Gold Dots), but I still prefer the Sig P938 (20 ounces loaded) because its overall dimensions are the smallest and there is not blocky hump on the rear of the slide like most striker fired pistols.

Another thing to consider is that overall dimensions are very deceptive. Two inches of a S&W J Frame are overall much smaller and concealable than two inches consisting of a boxy slide, and a dust cover that is big enough to house recoil springs and also is squared with a rail. The grip on the S&W also is much slimmer and rounded than a square grip that can accommodate a magazine with .45 ACP rounds. The cylinder is widest part on the revolver, and that is only a small percentage of the overall gun.

I think the XDS is a great IWB gun for someone who lives in a place where even a CCW holder needs to be very discreet, like a �may issue� state or a purple state. It also would make an awesome backup gun in an ankle holster or cargo pocket of uniform pants. It weighs about 25-1/2 ounces (junky scale) loaded with 5-230 grain Gold Dots.

YMMV

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/08/13.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln