Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Thanks. May I ask what reticle you prefer?

According to Leupold's website, the 1.5-5 illuminated appears to be available in German 4 Dot, Duplex and Circle Dot.

I am running the Duplex. I used the vertical hair for holdovers. I did want to try the Circle Dot one for a T&E though, just never did.

Yes, I very much do prefer the low powered variables over a non magnified RDO. I was issued an RDO (EOTECH). It offered no target discrimination. A low powered variable is a substantially more flexible optic and can handle a far wider range of situations better.

I kept mine on 1.5x and shot with both eyes open, just like I would with an RDO, for close range unanticipated contacts.

When I needed to look more closely at something or someone, I simply dialed it up. If I needed to take a more precise shot, I simply dialed up. Target discrimination is critical and is something that I could write pages on, but is hard to explain in a short amount of time/space.

If I dial up and get on target, rather than finding a target with binos, then go back to a rifle with an RDO, reacquire a target, which may or may not be there still, and attempt to engage I may have just lost my window of opportunity. These things are fluid and rapidly change.

Long story short, the low power variable has a huge advantage in both sporting and tactical applications.

MS

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com