Mannlicher,

Thanks for that suggestion. It looks like Natchez now has only the illuminated duplex in stock. The German # 4 appears to be sold out. Regardless, I think the duplex would be fine for my needs.

I did some Internet searching, and this scope receives favorable reviews. From what I've found, it looks like it is made in Japan by Light Optical Works. Before being discontinued, it looks like it was sold as a $500-$600 scope.

I saw one review which said that the scope was sold when Meade owned Weaver and then it was discontinued when Weaver was taken over by ATK, who had other ideas in mind.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this scope right now, but I'm still up in the air about saving up for a Leupold or Burris, but at about 2x the cost. I could get the Weaver and a Larue Mount for about the same price as just the other scopes alone.

Anyone else have any input on the Weaver Classic Extreme scope?

Thanks.

Edited to add:

The information in my original post may be incorrect. I found some more recent info which indicates that ATK (new owner of Weaver) continued to make the Classic Extreme as a Natchez exclusive, but the newer ones are now made in the Phillipines. One Internet poster said that he questioned ATK/Weaver, and they admitted this in an email to him and stated that the new Classic Extreme scope is not as high quality as the older Japanese made scopes were.

This makes sense to me because some of the other reviews I read were from people who were buying the discontinued models back in 2009. I was wondering how Natchez would still have a continuing supply of these given that they would have been essentially selling them at half-price for three or four years without running out of stock.

Of course, it's the Internet. Who knows what info is accurate....

Here is a link to the Internet post:

Varminthunters

Last edited by CoalCracker; 02/02/13.