Funny, an old "working" cartridge, originally designed to build inexpensive, functional and practical rifles for colonists in "Darkest Africa", which, we are told, actually did all and more then it was intended to, is now the "hot" round among those who, usually, can afford and do buy about any rifle/chambering, that they desire......

Almost every serious rifle nut I know here in BC, and that is a considerable number now owns or is getting a 9.3x62 and a few also have the more powerful Brenneke version as well as the rimmed 74mm one. I cannot recall, in my now 55 years of shooting, ANY crartidge becoming as popular among genuinely knowledgable shooters/hunters in only a few years.

I now have four fine rifles so chambered and have sold three others as my advancing age and wife's serious medical issues motivate me to slowly sell off my gun collection. I tend to carry a "medium bore" rifle, when working in the bush or solo hunting and I can see a time when I will a 9,3 or two and a Grouse gun and just do my "geezer" hunting so armed...and, be quite content with this choice.