Originally Posted by CZ550
As Kutenay pointed out, the 9.3 X 62 is VERY popular in B.C. And, as I've researched this fine cartridge in the past few years, I've discovered it has been a favorite, if not overly popular, rifle in Canada for at least a-half century, especially across the North where larger, sometimes dangerous game are encountered.

There's a fellow from the Yukon who posts on here and has made a name for himself in using and promoting the 9.3 X 62 for over thirty years! Due to his posting on a favorite Canadian forum, and killing a large grizzly in the Yukon last year with one of his, including pics and load, there is no rifle-cartridge for larger/dangerous game in Canada that is more popular! Just about everyone from coast to coast is making a run on them and they are getting scarcer by the minute!

My own opinion is, after a couple of years use, that it is about as ideal as it gets for a one rifle/cartridge do-it-all kind of thing... and I've come to that conclusion after owning, handloading for and using many medium-bore rifles, including .338s, .358s and .375s. It literally will do it all... IF the shooter knows what he is doing!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

I was in wholehearted agreement until I got down to the 375 part. grin.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA