As Kutenay pointed out, the 9.3 X 62 is VERY popular in B.C. And, as I've researched this fine cartridge in the past few years, I've discovered it has been a favorite, if not overly popular, rifle in Canada for at least a-half century, especially across the North where larger, sometimes dangerous game are encountered.

There's a fellow from the Yukon who posts on here and has made a name for himself in using and promoting the 9.3 X 62 for over thirty years! Due to his posting on a favorite Canadian forum, and killing a large grizzly in the Yukon last year with one of his, including pics and load, there is no rifle-cartridge for larger/dangerous game in Canada that is more popular! Just about everyone from coast to coast is making a run on them and they are getting scarcer by the minute!

My own opinion is, after a couple of years use, that it is about as ideal as it gets for a one rifle/cartridge do-it-all kind of thing... and I've come to that conclusion after owning, handloading for and using many medium-bore rifles, including .338s, .358s and .375s. It literally will do it all... IF the shooter knows what he is doing!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus