Matt,

Had the chance to "sleep on it" and had another thought:

Sometimes when a saw is stuck/pinched by the operator, they pull on it hard to free it. If this happened, the annular buffers (rubber mounts) are stressed and it is possible to pull on the impulse line responsible for pumping the carb. If the plug did not appear to be wet or the saw flooded, it's possible that the impulse line is off. It's also possible for it to become cracked or split similar to the fuel line. The 025 is an older saw and ten years of service could see this occure. It is located at the base of the cylinder and connects to the back of the handle mount behind the carb. The close end (operator end) pushes up onto a short tube-like nipple. You should be able to inspect it with a flashlight aimed in that direction by placing the saw on it's recoil side. Much easier if the handle assy. is off but should be possible.

If the saw is flooded out, disregard this and forgive my long-windedness smile

The typical flywheel/ coil ignition system is a "fixed" system. The only adjustment for this is the air gap you mentioned. spec is from .008 to .012 IIRC (I'm certain that the spec. is available online some where, thoughI'll check later today for you from my shop.) The flywheel is a tapered match to the shaft and possesses a key that is machined as a part of it (the flywheel.) I would not try and take it off for any reason as I seriously doubt there is a problem with it. It is possible for the magneto to be bad, but I really have not seen more than one or two since the inception of this series of saw. You have checked the spark and it did. I surmise that it is probably good enough.

Last thought is that when inspecting the piston through the exhaust port, you will know real quick if it's bad or not. The piston should sport the original machine marks when the piston was built, even with lots of use under it's belt.

Keep us updated.

best,
Mark

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters