Originally Posted by ribka
if you know of a safe place to invest would love to know. I got out of the market at 14000 and stop buying gold at $1300. Sold off gold last December.

So much contradictory info, misinformation out there now very difficult to find a place to put investments.

There is no ONE safe place to put your money. I invest in TIPS, muni-bonds, and stocks. All my investments pay dividends, some each month, some each quarter, some at the end of the year. Today with the stock market down sharply I'll lose money on stocks, but the increase in TIPS will more than likely cover the loss and I'll have an overall gain for the day. I make money on the dividends while the value of different types of investments seesaws back and forth.

I buy and sell as investments rebound off the bottom or ricochet off the top. Think of it as a ratchet system that climbs the wealth tree. The bigger the waves the faster it climbs.

Yes, it takes some work to know what to do and when, and you have to keep an eye on what the Fed is planning so you don't get caught invested in the wrong thing at the wrong time.