Yeah, the English, certainly "stepped in" under Trevelyan during the "Celtic Holocaust", when shiploads of Irish foods went every day from Ireland to "Merrye Englande" while the Irish who produced this food starved.

Then, we have the "Easter Rising" in 1916 and the subsequent murder by English firing squads of many heroic Irish patriots ON IRISH SOIL. The most famous, now, was the talented, Roman Catholic poet, Joseph Mary Plunkett, a man whose murder by the Limeys inspired one of the most haunting ballads I know of, especially sung by Ireland's currently finest tenor, Anthony Kearns...."Grace".... listen to it on "Youtube".

Another of the Sassenach's little bag of helpful tricks was "Bloody Sunday" where the slaughter of unarmed Irish civilians by the British Army, was among the issues that finally made many of my family and friends and myself decide that the time to end the "Monarchy" here in Canada, had come and this was only one of scores of murders by these generous "peacemakers".

Funny, I was born, raised, educated a Roman Catholic and have always had friends that were of divers other religions and we have never had the problems here in Canada, that the Irish have suffered......the REAL issue is NOT Roman Catholic schools, usually the best of their kind in any jurisdiction, but, the presence in "The Emerald Isle" of the English business class and the brutal army that supports them.

That said, Obama, is a buffoon and he is the WORST president in US history, even Nixon, was not quite as total an azzhole and boob.