Originally Posted by maggie
Dan... "Never warmed up to the Keltec and the Kahr is sweet...and accurate. The Keltec was accurate...but definitely not sweet." I've been looking at both of these, can you expound on your statement a little more, curious about your likes/dislikes on them both. Thanks.

Maggie

The Keltec is accurate, but it's a tough gun to shoot. It has been engineered to have the absolute minimum amount of metal and material necessary to contain the explosive forces of the cartridge. As such, it simply stings to shoot much. Also, mine exhibited excessive wear in the first 200 rounds, to include peening of the chamber hood against the slide and slide rails that showed unusual wear.

The Kahr CW-9 was 100 dollars more expensive, but worth every penny in difference. The recoil forces are distributed more ergonomically and there isn't a bit of discomfort. The gun is very accurate as well. Given my experience with both guns, I'd elect to buy the Kahr if the price was not the issue.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain