Recently I received 1000 of the 100 grain A Maxes I had order via Powder Valley... been playing with this bullet out to 700 yds ( rock busting only at that distance) but I have to recommend trying some of them.

at our local range there is a rock out at 725 yds ( laser ranged ) that is about the size of a folding chair like ya see down at church or in a school.

with one of my Ruger's zeroed 1.5 inches at 100 yds with these 100 grain A Maxes, behind a simple charge of 40 grains of IMR 4895, with scope set on 2.5 power ( a 1.5 x 6 Scope), by holding the aiming point at the spot where the lower post goes from thick to thinner on the rock, the bullet was striking pretty much dead center....

could see the strike in the scope reticle, but a spotter with a 12 power set of Binocs also verified it..

haven't had a chance to chronograph it with my 'crappy' Shooting Chrony yet....but when I reload the cases, I don't even have to neck size them ( for the first 3 reloads on that brass).. deprime, seat a new bullet, and give it just a simple barely touching crimp and its good to go...

40 grains is even giving me some blow back on the case, which I clean off with steel wool and a tumble in the old Tumbler....

oh and they shoot little bitty groups at 100 yds also....