I *think* I'm finally down to these scopes after much research. Although the thought of a Vortex Viper 4-16 PST still occasionally crosses my mind.

This is going a-top a Cooper 280AI which I intend to be a longish range rig; although I don't really ever intend to go past 500y.

I have decided on target / exposed turrets rather than a ballistic reticle. Although I expect I will have the need to hold-over for wind.

My guess is that either the Zeiss or the Swaro Z3 should do me fine and both are about the same price. The turrets on the Zeiss seem more hefty and I like the fact that it has parallax adjustment.

Has any one compared these three scopes side by side?

While I could technically afford the Z5 eventually, I'm not sure if it really is worth the money given I don't have a pair of binoculars yet! I gasp at spending $1000 for binoculars but for some reason I don't at spending that on a scope even though binoculars are likely to be used far more.

Right now I am leaning towards the Zeiss. The biggest downside I see of it is that it does not have any hold points for windage.