czech1022,

Here is some info on Tasco as well as Tasco compared to others. YOu will see the Tasco is quite comparable.

4/10/11

I took the new Tasco to Bob�s Accuracy Shop. He snickered at the idea I would buy a Tasco 4-16X World Class. Everyone knows they are trash. He tried to convince me it would not hold zero if the magnification was changed. After installing it in his scope fixture he ran the power to 15X. I asked him why and he told me a cheap scope would blur out at its highest setting. I turned it up and it was beautiful. Bob was very surprised.

He has a grid on a tree about 100 yards from his bench mounted scope fixture. There was no discernable point of impact change throughout the magnification range. He knew adjusting the parallax would change the crosshairs. It didn�t. He did some impact testing to see how it would react to recoil. Again no change.

January 10, 2012
This afternoon right at sunset I set out some scopes in no particular order on the sandbags. From left to right were Weaver 6-24X40, Swarovski z5 5-25X52 ( the fourth one is a keeper), Tasco World Class 4-16X40, and Bushnell 4200 4-16X40. I adjusted them to the lowest setting which allowed me to see the forks on the antlers about 131 yards away. Then I adjusted the A.O. or side focus to give as clear an image as I could get and re-did the magnification setting. I recorded this info.

After I did that I asked my son-in-law to adjust them for his eye and I recorded the info. John told me the Bushnell was the sharpest but the Swarovski was very close. He then went on to say it was close between the Weaver and the Tasco. The info follows.

Ringman:
Weaver � 8 3/4X
Swarovski � 6 3/4X
Tasco - 7 1/2X
Bushnell - 6 1/4X

Son-in-law:
Weaver � 6 1/8X
Swarovski - 6X
Tasco - 5 7/8X
Bushnell - 7X

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter