Originally Posted by Ringman
When I purchased my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 I returned the first for warranty work because it was blurry above 25X. When it came back it was blurry below s7X or 8X. I returned it for a refund. Months later I purchased the one I have now. It is fine. Again that it not getting what you pay for.

These companies have to charge so much for their stuff because the number of returns compared to the Tascos.

I lost confidence in Tasco scopes when I missed a chip shot at a coyote. It turned out that the scope which had been sighted in just a few days before was shooting 10 inches high.

I presume you are aware that Tasco scopes are now marketed by Bushnell?

I'll tell you about my last experience with Bushnell. I had a Bushnell handgun scope that supposedly had a lifetime warranty. It broke when used on a heavy recoiling handgun and Bushnell wouldn't honor the warranty saying it had been "abused."

Other scopes can break. I broke 2 Thompson/Center Recoil Proof scopes and both were promptly replaced without complaint. I also have broken several Leupold handgun scopes and all were promptly repaired under warranty.

So, I have no use for Bushnell scopes or for Tasco scopes. And getting back to the original question, Tasco scopes are cheap scopes whether made in Japan, China or Taiwan. If you're lucky, they'll work for awhile.