Sam;
I learned the hard way - in the yard luckily - that sometimes these stupid auto locks will "auto lock" when they're not asked to do so.

A key on one's person is a must - either that or roll the window down as you say.

A buddy of mine related how a couple of his friends were out spotting for sheep locally in a new pickup - Ford or Dodge can't recall which.

Anyway they get out to glass a couple rams, pickup idling and of course the truck locks itself...... they had cell phones and were miraculously in cell range!

The phones were safely locked in the truck however.... cry

So after a bit of a hike back to a logging road, a trip into town and a few hours later - they were back in business.

Our eldest drives an '87 Cherokee that is manual everything and we can actually work on it.

Besides being able to actually find the spark plugs and such on it, we've discovered that there is definitely something endearing about a vehicle that doesn't desire to lock us out at the slightest provocation Sam. wink

Great topic again Sam and thanks all for the smiles this evening.

Dwayne

PS;
I'm thinking it's no accident the Heeler always gets to drive. Kinda like the one cat who always sleeps on my good wife's side of the bed and on her clothes - it's a power thing and they know it! laugh

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"