Originally Posted by huntsman22
spare key is always in the wallet. no fancy pushbutton things here.....

I always gave my hunting buddy a spare keys to the truck and camper to carry. Years later I learned he was leaving them in the camper. He is diabetic and I considered the spare keys to be a potentially life-saving pieces of equipment. (Still do, for that matter, his or mine.) After a stern talking to and grumbling on his part (which I never understood), he started carrying the keys.

Couple years later I drop him off to chase elk on foot while I drive about a mile south and park. I spot a string of ~80 elk, put a stalk on them and shoot a nice 6x6. Hunting buddy shows up and head back to the truck, a mile away, to get his pack so he can help with the gutting and hauling. Some time later he returns empty-handed. Seems his pack is locked in the truck and his keys are in his pack.

Of course this is the same guy that would sit in the passenger seat and ask me if I was going to get the gate.

City kid.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.