Your long range argument isn't helping your cause. The 270 works exactly the same as the other two at the ranges nealy all game is shot. The availability of factory ammo for the 270 is a huge advantage, as is the number and variety of rifles it is chambered for. The 270 wins.

When people poo poo the ammo availability issue, I'm reminded of a few years ago I was working in the mountains for the Forest Service. Packed my Ruger 270 for a bit of summer practice, and to use for the unlimited bighorn hunt in September. I brought along what I thought was enough ammo to get through the summer, something like 100 rounds of handloads. Welll..... that was a mistake, as that summer I was introduced to marmot and ground squirrel shooting!

Before long, my ammo supplies were dwindling. I figured I'd better keep some handloads for sheep, but wanted to keep blowing holes in marmots. A look around the local stores produced a couple boxes of 270 ammo, which I bought to continue the fun. Funny thing, about all that was available locally was the basic 223,243,270,30-06 type ammo. I suppose I could've made a long trip into a bigger town had I needed 280 ammo, but with $4.00 a gallon gas and a less than reliable vehicle, I didn't need the hassle.