Originally Posted by BobinNH
Side Note: In all this number crunching I couldn't help but reflect on what we have collectively known all along...it's pretty hard to beat a 7mm magnum of some sort with the heavy 7mm bullets of 160 gr and up as a LR outfit...they just stomp the smaller stuff due to the higher velocity.We do get into issues of more powder, a bit more recoil, etc., but for hunting who cares? confused

+1

Originally Posted by EddyBo
Minutia defines the topic, even with the 270 interjected into the topic. I have pretty decent hunting rifles proven at long range in 6x284, 6.5x284, 25x284, 270, 280AI, and some multiples of those calibers. I usually find myself with a 280Ai with 162s in my hand for no particular reason (if I am not grabbing a 243Ai). Not sure of the intangible factor that drives me to run 280AIs, probably familiarity, but something always directs my hand when I open the safe to grab my 280Ai over the other chamberings discussed in this thread and many others not not discussed.
My advice is to built several of each then just hunt with the ones you like best, they all do a remarkable job killing stuff even if you put decent bullets through vitals.

+1

Last edited by WhelenAway; 01/02/14.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA