I guess I can understand some of these guys not having the best experience with Danners. Some of their boots don't fit me well either or are comfortable. But they do make a lot of different styles of boots and I can always find a boot that fits my feet well and are comfortable for long days hiking hills, sitting on a stand, or just sitting around the campfire after a long, cold day. Living close to Danner is nice as I can go over to the factory and try on just about any boot they make and get a great deal on "seconds" if they have some in stock in my size.

I've tried other boots but nothing fits my feet as well or keeps my feet dry and warm as the Danners to this point.

One note of caution I found out the hard way- when trying on boots that have the goretex liner like Danners and several other boots, wear the same weight socks you will be wearing hunting. If you try them on with light socks, and then try to hunt with heavy hiking socks, your feet will be squeezed and you'll have all kinds of problems- mostly from the circulation being cut off to your feet. The goretex liners just don't stretch enough to accommodate thick socks. If you need thick socks, just buy the heavier insulation instead and you'll be good to go, IMHO.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.