Well, if you are stuck on CO, there are a number of options, which all include Guides who can get you in and elk as well as your elk.

I have hunted CO several times, and it is a great place, but the altitude, gets many a hunter so something to consider.
I have a group of friends that are going on a fully guided, private ranch hunt, out of Meeker, that is out of a lodge. They cater to hunters of all ages, and capabilities and process your game as well. For ex one of my friends fathers, has some health limitations, and they are catering to him as well.

If you want to contact me, I am going with 5 people on a guided elk hunt in Montana. They had a big group cancel the week of Sept 21 and thus the week is open. MT is earlier and this is bugle season, and the weather, has a chance of being milder that time of year, rather than the rifle for CO.

It is a fully guided elk hunt, in the wilderness just south of Bozeman MT with horses. I have been with them before and it is a first class outfit. They have one other hunter in camp who is 70 (not part of our group) and he is hunting by himself, and if interested you could hunt 2X1 perhaps with him.
If interested, PM me and I will put you on to either outfitter, MT or CO. You never said what if any your budget is, but I can share the prices we are paying for each outfitter, and a couple other options.
However as I said, based on your description, fully guided is the way for you to go.
MM