Fixed glass is ohhhhh soooooo soothin' and nothing is warmer/fuzzier

Hard to argue this. Its the reason why I wanted to give the SS a try. Too big for the Montana. Thought about going QR rings, but it really just overwhelmed the rifle. If Leupold would build a 10x fixed without the dang AO (give me a side focus knob please) then I would jump. Or maybe Sightron take the fixed 10 and move it to a 1 inch tube to lose some weight. Keep the Mil/Mil.

A 5 Mil ele bump isn't gonna hurt,nor really gain in this application...There ain't enough Mil substension value on the reticle to really make a [bleep]

I get where you are coming from on this. The 5 mil only gets you a little less then half of the elevation needed to 1000 for the 223/75AMAX zero @ 100. Bump up the zero if you want, but still needing to touch the turret. In this instance I see the use for a reticle like the Mil-Quad with more Mil of elevation to use. Or forget the dots all together and get to cranking with a reliable scope.

I just thinking having some dots in the windshield for windage is worth it. Read my splash, adjust a known amount vs "scoot" over the duplex and try again. Even more so with a 223. Maybe a heavier wind splitting caliber can be easier to play windage at 1000 with a duplex.