Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jordan,

You'd be one of the last people I'd expect to torque screws to what YOU expect, rather than what the factory suggests. But everybody has their preconceptions.

Tikkas work as designed. Get over it

John,

Yes they do. They work as long as you don't bend the little piece of sheet metal, as designed wink

At the time that this particular incidence took place, I was unaware of the factory-suggested torque spec, but I still don't think a rifle should be ruined by applying 15 in-lbs over spec.

There's nothing to get over. I really don't have a problem with the T3. I'm just simply not prepared to let these guys jump on me because they insist on defending a poor design. For the price you pay for a T3, they are a great rifle, but they are not without weakness. The aluminum recoil lug, sheet metal BM, etc, are things that can be improved upon. Every rifle in that price range has things that can be improved upon, why would the T3 be any different? I can personally attest to the fact that 55 in-lbs doesn't destroy the BM of Ruger, Remington, Mauser, Husky, Savage, Sako, Kimber, Winchester, or Marlin rifles. I'm sure I left some out. Because the thin steel on the T3 bottom metal has nothing on the backside to give it support, it is susceptible to bending/collapsing. It's just a weak design, that's all. Pillar bedding the stock to give the BM some support is a quick and easy fix.