Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Since when was this about "need"? grin

It's not, I was just repeating something I read once, here on the 'fire. laugh

But I WILL say, I have found MY personal niche, as far as calibers are concerned. Altho I have over a dozen Tikkas in the safe, I'm only building 708's and .284's anymore.

With the excellent bullets available in 7MM, there's nothing I can't kill with them.

Well, maybe a brown bear in AK...but then I'll just borrow Alaska Cub's Tikka while he's behind me yelling, "SHOOT AL!!!" grin

For the lug haters, try this. Reciever face squared off, and my custom designed/CNC built lug installed and double pinned to the action. When I bed the barreled action, I use the slot under the receiver as a secondary bedding surface. There you have it, my secret is out...along with pictures. wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is the only thing I tweak on my Tikkas, but I do it to all of them. I'm starting to perfect pillar bedding with the factory lug...just for something to do. I agree, a steel replacement might be a good option.

As to the original posters question as to the bad? Not the rifle, but the rings. The factory rings, and the way they attach, are junk. I have a bagful of them.

Last edited by yukonal; 02/28/14.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...