I used the typical elastic crooked horn system for a decade. Best game in town. However there was a major problem that hurt me many times.

Each time you jumped down an embankment or off a log, out of the bed of a truck, etc. they would bounce back up and smack me in the face. I was hit really hard a few times.

They would also dangle to the ground and bounce when stalking on hands and knees. The solution came more recently with the Alaska guide creations compact case. There is no elastic, they completely enclose the glasses and just work exactly as needed.

Leave it to a professional hunter in Alaska to create the ultimate means of using field glasses. These guys make two kinds, one has lots of pockets and is more like a small lumber pack on your chest. The other, which I very much prefer is the compact case. It will fit all the way up to me 10x42 geovids.

I will have another one of these in short order, another interesting use is just keeping them in there as the binocular case. The shoulder straps unsnap completely.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)