Originally Posted by jaycee
I've wasted a lot of money on various harnesses only to find them VERY lacking. Then I found the Ultra-Light Bino Harness from Rick Young Outdoors. Where were these all my life??! They are AWSOME.

I always found the various nylon strapped harnesses very lacking, especially when I changed layers - if I had them set up for a heavy layer and took it off, the harness was too floppy and vise-versa, and it takes a while to adjust them properly. When leaning over, or climbing in steep or brushy country they hang down in your way. If set up for walking, they were invariably too long for driving and they flopped around.

The Rick Young harness is made of small diameter bungy, with one simple spring-loaded adjuster. At first I was very skeptical regarding the small diameter bungy cord - I thought it would dig in to my shoulders and be uncomfortable; or the adjuster would be uncomfortable under a pack; or the bungy would make for a bino sling-shot into the face, etc.. I was VERY pleasantly surprised - not only was the harness very comfortable, but they hold the binos very securely. And arguably the best part, they are instantly adjustable - now when you take off or put on a heavy layer of clothing, you can have them perfectly adjustable in about 3 seconds. Oh, one other awesome point - they only cost $19.95! I bought two, one for me and one for the wife.

Give these a try, you won't be disappointed. And no, I'm not an employee of Rick Young Outdoors.
They're $17 if you order 2 or more. My partner and I ordered a couple that haven't come yet. Either I'll owe you one or I'll 'owe' you one. grin

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.