I love my RNs, provided they are of the proper construction to match MV of course. For years I used the 220gr Hornady RN out of my 300 Weatherby and it hit like a hammer and out to 300 yards I really saw no difference compared to a Spitzer. Still have a few around. I switched to 180 Hornadys due to a last minute [bleep] by Weatherby (they loaded the old Barnes Xs too hot) and took those to Africa. NVER AGAIN. Next trip I used 180 Partitions with outstanding success. I have now gone almost exclusively to TTSXs including my 416 Rigby and 375.

They both also love the A Frames. My 450NE double likes Woodleigh RNs very well and of course the Hornady DGX (it was regulated with those), but cooked up some very good loads using 450gr North Fork softs and solids. They regulate perfectly and it's a darned good, albeit expensive bullet.

So why the long diatribe? Well, two things, when I shot at garbage (gallon jugs filled w water) I use Hornadys, but when a multiK trophy fee is on the line, I MATCH bullet to trophy fee. It's that simple.

Last edited by jorgeI; 03/04/14.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”