Here are some A-Frames that I pulled out of some of my buffalo. They are so predictable at it is almost boring, but boring in a good way. I have others, and of course many were never recovered. I know that they open up well on smaller animals but have never found any in anything other than buffalo.

[Linked Image]

By contrast, this bullet was one of six I pumped into a buffalo with a 450 Nitro Express. They all did the same thing. The bull was helpful in that he ran the wrong way (for him) and turned enough that he got shots 3,4 and 5 on the opposite side of the first two. These were factory loaded DGXs, used exactly as they were supposed to be. Hornady is apparently rather proud of these, and has some paid for opinions to back it up.

[Linked Image]

I'm trying to think of a better word, but "garbage" works as well as anything else.

I'm not one to say that a high price is an indication of suitability for purpose, or that a low price makes a bullet worthless for everything. There are times when I'll use the budget bullets over some "premium" bullets by choice. A trip to Africa with a .375 isn't the time. With high trophy fees, long and expensive flights and the sickening feeling of being able to predict the remaining safaris in my life, it just isn't the time to save a buck.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.