Originally Posted by Con
There's a guy down the road with plenty of time spent in Australia, NZ, Nth America and Africa and a trophy room that resembles a museum. Speaking of which I need to go visit and see his lion and hippo from the last trip. Mostly uses his own made cup/core projectiles. Asked him why he doesn't use premiums and response was typical Aussie dry humour ... "I just shoot them again". laugh
Cheers...
Con

I can just picture him saying it too. The Aussies have a different mindset, largely due to the hunting they do. They will listen semi politely with a little grin while a hunter tells him how he is geared up with his .300 magnum for the 300 yard Texas heart-shot on an elk that he might have to take someday after carrying his rifle around for 2 weeks without a shot opportunity. The Aussie probably shot 50 of something before lunch with a .308 or 30-06 and Blue Box Federal that he found on the ute floor, and sort of wonders why you wouldn't just shoot it in the back of the head, or plan to shoot it twice since that's likely what you'll end up doing anyway. Or let that one go and be happy with the other 49.

Both guys are sincere in their beliefs, but they would have to swap boots for awhile before seeing from the opposite point of view. Most of the time that doesn't happen.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.