R,

I got distracted by my Chese-schutz Repeater the other day. Back to ladder shopping grin

My thought on the 600y Audette for the 300 Win was the fact that the final load (76.5gr) didn't shoot as well as the ladder test with 1.5gr spread (76-77.5gr). How could 3-rounds with a 1.5gr spread shoot better than 3-rounds with the same charge? Variation in wind?

Doesn't the pressure and velocity increase with an extra 1.5gr of powder? Vibration and harmonics can't be the same. Add the fact that 77gr is above the other three-shots.

I can't criticize this one too much because the load, rifle, shooter, etc. all came together for 0.5 MOA so its tough to argue with the final results. But, it seems that there are variables that aren't quite controlled. A larger sample size with each charge weight would give better data. But this means more shooting.

And we haven't discussed the Ring of Pressure yet grin

Jason

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
[Linked Image]

I also guess I have to point out that I knew where the load was gonna be in the above ladder in only 10 shots down the bore of a brand new rifle

[Linked Image]

These 3 shots confirmed it pretty much and ran the grand total of shots fired to 13