Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
"It is just the same as 100 such threads all over the net. Just a bunch of bored people posting with little facts."

Butch,

Taken in light of this not being just a .22 rimfire shortage but also a powder and to a lesser extent a primer shortage... the comments by those in the industry is relevant. But your right in that they seem to be doing some guessing!

If you read the last(?) comment in the above thread you will see a response by Powder valley. He may be bored as he is not selling much powder these day's, but i would probably call him a concerned business man who according to his post (and within the scope of his business) is in contact with the U.S. powder distributors (Hogdon, Win., etc).

Same with sierra bullets... this has to have an impact on them, if you can not buy any powder or (to a lesser extent) primers there is a going to be a limit to your bullet sales.

Not in the same league, but a couple of months ago I stopped at my local dealer who of course had zero .22 ammo. He had called CCI to try and order a pallet of rimfire. They refused, told him of the incredible amount of rimfire ammo that they were manufacturing and gave him the number of some of their wholesalers, whom he called with no luck (I don't recall if they had no rimfire or he was last on the list).

Jerry

I'm actually sitting on about 10 bricks of Federal bulk, but with a 40x it takes a while to burn through it (haven't loaded my 10/22 in years). I think I am keeping the bullet manufacturers afloat. Haven't seen any 22lr on the shelf in about a year, powder is spotty to non-existant, primers and brass is hard to find, and I'm sitting OK on 45 acp. Nothing left to buy but bullets.....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"