I think the article just about nailed it. In the last 16 months I've bought 300 rounds of 22 LR from in store. If I'm in a store that sells 22 ammo I check it out and it's been near non-existent. I've definitely shot more from my supply than I've been able to replenish, which is disheartening.

The local Wal-Mart hasn't had any in stock during those 16 months, but I came close last night. I was talking to the clerk at the sporting goods counter and she said they get ammo every 2 to 3 weeks and 10 to 20 boxes at a time. They never know what they are going to get or how much. The night before they had gotten about 20 boxes in, she didn't say if they were bulk packs, 50 round or 100 round boxes, it didn't matter as they were gone.

What was left was 2 boxes of 22 mag, and even though I don't have a mag, it crossed my mind briefly to buy them anyway...SICK!

I don't need any 22 ammo, I've got a pretty good supply, but there are some flavors that I don't have that I would like to try. But even in good times I'm not going to find these on local shelves.

Last edited by ruffcutt; 04/12/14.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"