Originally Posted by BLG
Most women lack the basic situational awareness instincts. I have told my wife this many times. Whether walking around town or driving, women lack situational awareness.

Clyde

That is no lie there. I try to pound it in the old lady's head, but it just doesn't seem to take.

She was off living on her own for a while in a downtown environment due to a promotion. I was always on her about situational awareness, and how just being aware of your surroundings (head up, making eye contact, awareness of situations, etc.) can go a long way towards those intent on doing harm to others not seeing you as such an easy target or victim, not to mention giving you a few moments to plan a response in case something does happen.

One night we're walking on a side street downtown on the way back to her place. Up ahead I see a plain somewhat beaten up van, side door open, and two less than stellar looking guys hanging out by the open door. I moved to get between what would be them and her when we walked by. We walked up to it, passed, and continued on, all the while I've got my eyes on them, using reflections in windows to make sure they didn't follow, etc. The whole time she's yammering on about something or other. When past them, I asked her what we just passed. NO CLUE. None. Head in the clouds. I climbed her ass about that a bit, and it seemed to stick a little bit after that.

God forbid she ever needed the pepper spray baton I bought her and put on her key ring. Despite telling her she should always have her keys (pepper spray) in her hand while walking alone, it was always in the purse. Arrival at home meant a 5 to 10 second dig session in the purse to retrieve the keys.

Was a good day when she moved out of there and back home.

A pet peeve of mine is women in parking lots. A woman returning to a vehicle from shopping will have to get in her car, and dick around checking makeup, looking in purse, finding her phone, whatever, for at least a good minute before she can get the car started, in gear, and get the hell out of the space...completely unaware of those around her waiting to use the space. Guys...they jump in, start it up, and move out...it's a 10 second process. Women? Plan on waiting a good minute or two.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.