Originally Posted by GunGeek

For concealed carry, again you'll be using the flashlight very independently of the pistol.

I just think for 99% of civilian use the weapon light is more liability than asset.

Can you clarify your thoughts on this a little? In my mind a civilian (anyone in plain clothes/off duty) is far less likely to be actively searching for a bad guy and more likely need to confirm a threat. I will always preach carrying a handheld light in addition to a weapon mounted but dont see how a weapon light can ever be a liability.

I dont fall back on the concept of the light illuminating me as a target. In my observations and experience it would be extremely rare for a bad guy to shoot well enough from any distance to center punch you based on where your light was. If the bad guy has that ability to that, where you are holding the light will probably not have a lot of effect on the outcome of the fight.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper