Went to Chili's today for lunch. Had a chicken caesar with a water. They had this new gizmo (a tablet type thing) sitting on the table that let's you pay right there with your debit card. Your server.....who actually did take and deliver your order.........is no longer involved after you chow down. I tried it out. After sliding my card........the gizmo summarized my order and bill and prompted me forward with a 'default tip' of 20%. It did, however, allow me to scroll back to 10% or so........with some figuring out.

WTF??? Server doesn't have to wait on me to bring me the check and take my money.............but still gets 20%? I want my balls sucked for 20%.....or even 10% for that matter......anywhere. This machine doesn't do that. Whatever happened to the good 'ol days when Betty would actually wait on you?

Can't even call the fawks waiter or waitress anymore. They are now 'servers'.......cuz the other names are degrading to them and make them feel less than you and like they may have to actually cater to you. Classic liberal and modern societal political correctness. YOU gotta make THEM feel good in order to tip them.

Also.......who decided that the old standby waitstaff tip of 15% wasn't enough? First it went to 20%.........and now they don't even have to wait on you for that?? WTF??

Go to a buffet these days and all you say at the entryway cashier is 'buffet bar with water' and you pay there. The wait staff brings you plates and a few extra napkins (if you ask)......and doesn't even discuss food. You always have to ask for extra plates, too. You've already paid at the check-in, so the waitstaff doesn't even bring your check and process your payment. Why is a tip even due here?

Oh, but the poor waiter and waitresses in this country. They are sooooo hardworking. Most are single moms and college students.........true American sufferers. After all, why shouldn't they be due 20% without having to actually work for it..........or even be thought of as what they are?

The restaurant business as a whole has really struggled since the economy crash for these very reasons. But most restaurants still ain't gettin' it and changing their ways. I have absolutely no sympathy for the biz.

I'm gonna stick to fast food for a while. Foods cheaper........and the tipping pressures and bullsheet are non-existent.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.